With the recent announcement of our fourth fund, we are expanding the team at NextView with a new Platform and Operations Associate. This role will be virtual through the end of the pandemic, but will ultimately be based in either our New York or Boston office. From the beginnings of NextView, we have had a commitment to being high-conviction, hands-on, seed stage focused investors. Today, we have invested in over 100 high-growth companies, some of which have grown to be household names with thousands of employees making a huge impact in the everyday lives of everyday people.
We are looking to bring on board a versatile new team member to support the varied internal operations of the firm as well as collaborate with the partners on our external programs and communications with the broader entrepreneurial community. If you love juggling a broad range of exciting projects, and are operationally minded with a creative marketing bent, we’d love to speak to you about potentially joining our tight-knit team.
Who Are We Looking For
- You are self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude. This individual will work in a largely unstructured yet goal-directed environment. It will be up to him/her to take top-level goals, translate them into a tangible workstream, and then execute effectively.
- You are a “digital native” with a strong interest in new technology and have hands-on proficiency with many online tools for managing social media interactions, event production, and project management.
- You are actively engaged in the NYC or Boston tech ecosystem. You have 2-4 years of professional experience in marketing, social media, event coordination, or business operations.
- You have effective written communication skills with an established body of work.
- You have an authentic passion for technology, startups, and a deep respect for entrepreneurship.
- You act as an “invited guest.”
- You enjoy meeting new people and have a healthy appetite for conversation.
What Will The Job Be Like
This job will be based in either New York and Boston and will involve close collaboration with all members of the tight-knit NextView team. You will be supporting the firm’s external outreach efforts to build the brand and presence of NextView within the broader entrepreneurial community. You will also spearhead internal initiatives to help support the success of our 100+ exciting existing portfolio companies. Activities will include but not limit to:
- Planning and producing small- and large-scale events with entrepreneurs and high-level technology executives.
- Formulating and executing on NextView’s social media strategy and managing multiple social media presences and communication channels.
- Supporting other external PR and media relations for the firm.
- Strategizing new project initiatives based on top-level firm goals, set priorities, and manage towards operational completion.
- Executing on internal administrative tasks related to day-to-day firm operations.
NextView is a thematic, seed-stage VC firm focused on the Everyday Economy with over $200M of committed capital under management. We invest nationally across Consumer and B2B software, while most of our investments are based in NYC, SF/Bay Area, and Boston. We are proud seed investors of over 100 portfolio companies over the last decade, including TripleLift, Grove Collaborative, Skillz, Attentive, Whoop, Dia&Co, MealPal, Parsec, and Code Climate.
We have a high-conviction, hands-on approach to seed investing. We lead or co-lead most of our investments and we develop our individual conviction vs. trying to hang around the hoop for market signals. We make fewer investments on a per-partner basis than nearly all seed funds in the country, so we have the bandwidth to take board seats and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with founders at the seed stage to try to make the biggest possible impact. Check out our blog for how we think about company building and investing.
A Final Note
Our goal is to conduct a broad and inclusive search for this role. We are firm believers that diverse points of view strengthen the collective intellectual equity and long-term performance, and we truly welcome people with a broad set of backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
How To Apply
Please submit your application here – it helps us track all candidates centrally. All applications will be reviewed confidentially.