The Future is Coming
What do we want it to be like?
The combination of software and entrepreneurial creativity is driving unprecedented change in our everyday lives. We have agency in the outcomes that technology will produce. How we direct this force will be the legacy of this generation.
Our mission at NextView is to invest in companies that use technology to drive a brighter collective future for everyday people. We lead pre-seed and seed stage rounds within our themes of the Everyday Economy.
We also invest in other wacky stuff too.
- 2009: thredUp is founded as an online clothes-swapping marketplace by James Reinhart in his Cambridge, MA business school dorm room. Oliver Lubin & Chris Homer also help co-found the business, which is focused on men’s shirts at the time.
- 2010: After 20+ VC rejections, thredUp receives a seed check from NextView.
- After closing a $200M Series F round, WHOOP is now the most valuable standalone wearables company on the market, valued at over $3.6 billion.
- Loved by professional athletes from Lebron James to Rory McIlroy, to dozens of Olympians, as well as hundreds of thousands of everyday consumers.
- 2010: NextView partner, David, first meets Ten Little founder, Fatma, in a Sloan MIT class, where he was the guest VC instructor for a session.
- 2019: After demo’ing a different startup back in 2011, Fatma comes to NextView with a new idea, setting out to disrupt the fragmented $300B+ children’s product industry. NextView leads the pre-seed round of Ten Little pre-launch.
- Ten Little operates a world-class predictive e-commerce platform to help parents navigate the children’s product space.
- After initially launching shoes, Ten Little is now a rapidly growing, multi-category retailer selling healthy essentials for kids of all ages.
- 2012: After working together at heavyweight ad-tech startup, Appnexus, Eric Berry, Ari Lewine, and Shaun Zacharia found TripleLift, a marketing platform built for the visual web.
- 2012: NextView invests in TripleLift’s seed round pre-launch after only seeing an early demo product. Read more about our initial investment thesis here.
- Considered one of the fastest-growing ad-tech companies in the world, TripleLift has facilitated more than $1B in lifetime advertising spend.
- One of the most capital efficient Unicorns in the world, TripleLift has been profitable for five years straight… all on less than $17M of paid in capital.
- 2017: Repeat NextView founders Brian Long and Andrew Jones (TapCommerce, sold to Twitter) come to NextView with an idea for a new company, “Franklin Mobile.”
- Franklin Mobile is focused on software for front-line workforces. NextView is the first firm to commit to the company’s seed round at the concept stage.
- Franklin Mobile pivots to Attentive – an SMS marketing platform.
- Serving over 4,000 e-commerce customers and growing, Attentive is responsible for driving nearly 20% of the e-commerce revenue of its customers.
- Attentive has successfully acquired 2 companies: Tony and Privy.
- Dia establishes itself as the leading fashion brand for body positivity and the largest specialized online retailer in the plus size fashion segment, offering a wide assortment of owned and third-party brands.
- Publishes pioneering state of inclusive fashion report to shine a light on the changes and opportunities in the plus size market.